CELITE® 610 MECHANICAL INSECTICIDE has proven effective against the wide variety of insect pests such as beetles, mites, worms, aphids, thrips, psyllids and other crop pests.
- CELITE® 610 AN EPA REGISTERED, OMRI LISTED HIGH EFFICACY NATURAL AMORPHOUS SILICA
As 100% pure, natural diatomaceous earth it is a qualified generic material listed on the National Organic Program (NOP). Agriculture crops treated with CELITE® 610 can be approved by OMRI, CCOF or other accredited certifier to be sold as “organic”.
CELITE® 610 can be applied as a dry powder or can be applied as a wetable powder. The application rate and method of application depends on crop and maturity. Surfactants and wetting agents can be added to the slurry tank to improve adhesion of CELITE® 610 to plant surfaces. Spray should be directed to coat all sides of leaves and fruits.
CELITE® 610 mechanical insecticides are safe and effective alternatives to chemical insecticides for a variety of crop pests and can be used independently or alongside chemical insecticides to form part of a cost-effective Integrated Pest Management program.
Effect on Beetles
- CELITE® 610 insecticide performed well as a stand-alone treatment, similar to the industry standard.
- Rotating the application of CELITE® 610 and Pyrethrin would reduce the likelihood of pesticide resistance build up.
Effect on Tobacco Hornworms
- CELITE® 610 performed well as a standalone treatment
- Bt is a toxin, with fast knock-down, but short lived.
Effect on Citrus Psyllids – Eggs and Nymphs
- CELITE® 610 performed well as a standalone treatment, even in humid and rainy conditions.
- It decimates the adults and breaks the breeding cycle by reducing egg laying.
How Does It Work?
Insects come in contact or ingest the mechanical insecticide and die within 48 hours. Mechanical insecticides are high adsorption natural amorphous silicates that works by removing and adsorbing the protective waxy covering of insects that are exposed to it. This covering protects insects from water loss and they dehydrate when the protective layer is removed.
CELITE® 610 is available in bulk, supersacks or 40 pound bags and is available through our national distribution network partner for the US market.For more information about our products, pack sizes or sales outside the USA please contact us to discuss further with an Imerys specialist.
For more information about our products, pack sizes or sales outside the USA please contact us to discuss further with an Imerys specialist.